Friday, November 24, 2023

Reincarnated Elf Chapter 42

 Reincarnated Elf (108), being looked down upon




The sword, forged by combining opposing forces of anti-darkness and light attributes, swung through the air without impact.


Effective against magical beasts, it proved futile against the demons.


Making eye contact with Gurgea, he propelled the large sword from his shoulder towards me.


No magical waves emanated from him or the sword, making it unusual.


"Nuaaah!!!"


The sweeping sword carried immense magical power.


My fragile sword couldn't endure the powerful physical attack, forcing me to absorb the incoming magical assault with my body.


"Non-incantation magic?" I muttered as the impact briefly lessened, only to find myself slammed into a nearby tree.


"To be unable to defend against magic is pathetic for the lower races," he sneered while mounted on the battle dragon, showcasing his formidable magical prowess.


The demon's horns towered over those of the villagers, suggesting formidable strength according to grimoire lore.


Gathering miasma, black lightning emanated from his massive horns, showcasing abundant magical power. With a sword taller than himself, he exuded an even greater sense of intimidation.


"Despite my attempt to hide my presence, our methods differ greatly, especially with non-incantation magic," I remarked.


"You emitted magical energy so freely. Moreover, it seems your last attack was your full strength. I can see through you," he responded.


Although he tried to conceal his magical energy, he couldn't completely mask it. Nevertheless, there was still plenty of magical stamina left.


Misinterpreting the situation, the demon menacingly aimed his sword at me, charging it with more magical power.


"Let me send you off with a souvenir for the afterlife. Are you part of the so-called 'Hero's Party'?" he questioned.


'Hero's Party'? Is he referring to Jin and the others? I haven't kept up with information since leaving the human world two years ago.


Regardless, there's no way to get past this without using every available means.


"If that's the case, what will happen to me?" I inquired.


"If that's the case, it's anticlimactic. Once I kill you, Lord Uva and the Demon Lord can invade the human world without hesitation. It's about time they start killing women. If you're slaughtered too, Sire Uva will be delighted," he declared.


The waves, tinged with crimson, surged in a straight line from his sword's tip. Once again, it was non-incantation magic; how troublesome.


"High-level water attribute magic, Torrential Abyss Levament!"


If the opponent uses fire attribute magic, the strategy is to counter it with water attribute magic. Incanting the spell triggers the manifestation a moment later. The magical wall, appearing as a raging torrent, clashed with Gurgea's magic and dispersed—


"...Huh."


It didn't disperse.


The magical mass that surpassed Torrential Abyss Levament came piercing through, digging into my chest as if gouging it. Since I didn't know the true nature of the opponent's magic, exchanging attacks was pointless. Fortunately, his magic, despite its power, seemed to consist mostly of straightforward spells. If I could anticipate them, dodging was straightforward.


"You're just running away! Even the Demon Lord and Sire Uva are mistaken to fear the Hero's party with this level of ability!"


The magic that struck the trees revealed it was an earth attribute spell. Apparently, demons were not bound by the principle of "one person, one attribute" that governed the magic system in the human realm. In the human world, individuals typically focused on mastering the one attribute that suited them best. Even if someone mastered their chosen attribute, few could wield magic beyond the advanced level.


Nevertheless, in essence, everyone had access to all attributes of magic. Even I, after thirty years of intense training, could unlock all attributes.


With that settled, there's one more problem.


Seizing an opportunity, I slip into the forest. Although the terrain is intricate, and I lack familiarity, I take pride in having lived in the forest for a hundred years. Moving through the trees or across flat ground doesn't make much difference.


"Don't think you can escape from me! - Vann!"


The color of the horns growing from his forehead has gradually become darker. Gurgea channels magic into the horns of the battle drake —however.


"...Nvau...?"


With a puzzled expression, the battle drake blinks its eyes and hesitates in place. It's said that battle drakes avoid engaging with individuals who have an overwhelming difference in magical power. Unlike the overly confident Gurgea, the battle drake seems to be the more composed one.


This has become even more interesting. Even after a hundred years, the essence of non-incantation magic, which I have yet to master, could be learned right here and now.


Previous Chapter    ToC    Next Chapter

No comments:

Post a Comment

Listen to My Lady’s Story Chapter 93

 The ex-butler is being desperately relied on "Now, let's see how much Crow knows about the history of this country." The cast...