Saturday, November 18, 2023

Reincarnated Elf Chapter 35

 Reincarnated Elf (106), letting them spread their wings



"Thank you for sticking by me, Jin. Great work."


On the 366th morning since meeting Jin, his magical capacity had significantly grown compared to the early days.


"......Thanks?"


Jin, practicing sword swings as usual, seemed surprised by the sudden statement.


"Let's move on to the next stage of training. Go out into the world and use your power to help people for real."


At my words, Jin's expression tightened. He already had sufficient magical capacity, and the vessel for accepting the eventual flowering of the 'Hero' factor was already prepared.


"I see. Finally, I can work as an adventurer in the guild!"


"Exactly. However, find companions. Going solo as a stray adventurer has its limits. If you're going to tackle high-level guild requests, cooperation with teammates will be essential."


Jin's expression shifted to anxiety as he swallowed nervously.


Indeed, Jin is here because, just a year ago, he was betrayed by the people he considered comrades, the Crosenar party.


"Comrades, you say?"


"I understand your concern, but things are different now. Jin has become strong. He knows advanced enchantments, how to read the flow of magic, and how to control and deflect it. With your current abilities, you won't lose even against A-rank adventurers who freely use their magic."


I, too, was once an adventurer, and for a while, Minori was as well. However, she always operated solo and was even mocked as a stray adventurer. Without proper procedures, you can only indiscriminately defeat magical beasts. In the current environment where magical beasts are multiplying, completing official requests through the guild will make it easier to gain recognition and potentially reach the Demon King.


However, leaving him alone without my supervision is also a concern. If he were to die before the awakening of the factor, all the efforts of Jin and me would be in vain.


"Well, it'll work out somehow. After all, you have me watching over you. Nuhahaha!"


That's why I decided to assign the strongest bodyguard to him. Landing on Jin's shoulder with fluttering wings, the minimalistic black dragon, Vritra, who had enjoyed free lodging for the past six months, appeared.


"Vritra!? Why, after napping in the sun on my doorstep for the past six months, are you...!?"


"What do you think I am, young one...? It's the promise I made with Reiss six months ago. If you become stronger than this little girl, I said I would accompany you on your journey."


During these six months, Vritra wasn't just a freeloader; I had asked her to watch over Jin. If he showed the potential to stand against the Demon King, she was to join him on his adventure.


"From now on, to avoid being sealed again, I need to understand human life," Vritra added quietly, hinting at her hidden motives.


While I'm concerned about letting Jin, whose factor hasn't yet blossomed, leave this place, having Vritra with him brings reassurance. He will become a reliable ally.


(Thanks, Vritra)


When I looked at her, Vritra raised her wings, expressing "It's entrusted to me" with her eyes.


—Find companions proficient in the four major elemental magics, specializing in battling demons and magical beasts, and let the "Hero" factor bloom.


Six months ago, I also shared another purpose with Vritra.


Drawing insights from ancient tomes like "Heroic Tales of Magic Misfits," I believe there are two conditions for the Hero factor to bloom.


Firstly, persistently hone one's strength without giving up. While innate factors like my "Reincarnation" factor activate at birth, the "Hero" factor, like Jin's, is a postnatal type that blossoms based on one's way of life. The longer the time spent to make it bloom, the more explosive the power gained.


Secondly, have companions, each proficient in the four major elemental magics of fire, water, earth, and wind. Analyzing legends reveals that previous Hero candidates faced expulsion from organizations due to their inability to use magic. After almost a decade of wandering, they coincidentally encountered companions, each possessing a different major elemental magic. Over the years, mutual enhancement of abilities led to the blooming of the "factor."


Considering the 'factor' beyond this world, which is said to influence everything alongside the four major elemental magics, it all makes sense.


――I see, I wield the magic of fire. So, it would be good to find companions proficient in water, earth, and wind attributes. Understood!


Jin, aspiring to become an adventurer to protect everyone's smiles, cannot overlook the emergence of the Demon Lord. With his strong sense of justice, he will undoubtedly defeat the Demon Lord. For me, who wants to spend the remaining 900 years leisurely, the Demon Lord falling here would be very convenient.


It's truly a WIN-WIN situation.


"Now, go on. I hope that someday your fame will resound to this extent," I said, carrying my expectations for the peaceful 900 years ahead.


Jin, bearing the weight of my expectations, now has eyes significantly more resolute than they were a year ago.


Previous Chapter    ToC    Next Chapter

No comments:

Post a Comment

Listen to My Lady’s Story Chapter 93

 The ex-butler is being desperately relied on "Now, let's see how much Crow knows about the history of this country." The cast...