Saturday, November 11, 2023

Reincarnated Elf Chapter 30

 Reincarnated elf (105), provide a body for the ancient dragon



"...But seriously, this guy talks a lot."


Suddenly, Jin, who had been quietly listening, whispered.


"Ah, yes. It seems the Charm Magic, a type of Truth-Telling (Okeanos), has taken effect."


"W-Wait, Reese, are you using magic right now!?"


"Long ago, this was an ancient magic similar to the brainwashing magic used by demons to corrupt the minds of their enemies. When this magic is cast, the person can only speak the truth as their true self. The more worked up they get, the more their inner thoughts flow like a waterfall."


Charm Magic requires introducing magic particles into the opponent's body without them noticing. The magic particles, finely divided, carry the enchanting magic and infiltrate the opponent's body through the respiratory system, saturating their brain with magic. Sufficient magic power to activate it has already been sent.


Now, all that's left is to let the lingering magic power naturally dissipate while extracting the truth from him. The boar, shaking off wood chips clinging to its body, roared the voice of its soul.


"I simply desire to reclaim my body and soar freely in the vast sky once again! Ah, yes. I don't even know how long his magic will last. Yet, for several years now, he hasn't even shown himself..."


As the very existence begins to waver, his true identity also becomes clearer.


"As long as my life is in their hands, I have no choice but to obey even unreasonable commands and continue waiting for him..."


Moreover, since he harbors resentment towards the practitioner of the flesh creation magic, there is ample opportunity to exploit. In such times, appraisal magic comes in handy. The weaker the opponent, the easier it is to disclose their information.


- Appraisal Magic -


【Name】 Vritra


【Species】 Demon Boar (Former Ancient Dragon)


【Attribute】 Darkness


【Beast Age】 7 (【Dragon Age】: 29)


【Enslavement Sigil】 Flesh Creation Magic


【Practitioner】 Uva Karma (Deputy Commander-in-Chief of the Demon King's Army)


"Uva Karma, Deputy Commander-in-Chief of the Demon King's Army. I see, this 'him' who binds you is this creature, right?"


"...!? W-Why do you know Uva's name!?"


Upon closer examination through the appraisal magic, it turns out that Uva, the so-called Deputy Commander-in-Chief, is providing only about one-tenth of my total magical power to the ancient dragon Vritra.


Thinking about this ancient dragon's straightforwardness, I immediately make a proposal.


"I haven't trained for 100 years for nothing. This is something I can easily do. Now then, Vritra, let's make a deal."


"A deal...?"


The magical beast in front of me snorted in response.


"I will recreate your original body using flesh creation magic. In return, I want you to stop chasing this kid around as a lackey for the Demon King's army. That's all."


"Uva's magical power is tremendous. It far surpasses the magical power of some ordinary elves—"


"Well, with this much magical power, you should be able to live in your original body for quite some time, don't you think?"


To alleviate Vritra's concerns, I condensed about one-tenth of my internal magical power into a sphere in my palm.


"Bwooooh!?!? W-What is this abnormal amount of magical power!? Uva's equivalent magical power so easily...!?"


"Don't worry. It's only about one-tenth for me."


"B...Bwooo... "


The astonishment is entirely drawn into the magical boar.


At this rate, it's unclear whether I'm talking to Vritra or the magical boar.


If I don't do something, I might not know when Vritra's thought form will be absorbed by the magical boar.


"Do you not order me to chase adventurers with this body...?"


"That's right. Come to me if you run out of magical power again. Sharing a bit is no big deal. No need to hide or anything."


"May I fly freely in the sky again...?"


"As long as you don't cause significant trouble for others, I won't interfere with your way of life. Oh, but if you find delicious nuts on your journey, it would be nice if you could pick some for me."


The magical boar approached, swaying slightly.


"B...Bwooo... Fwah... Fwah...! I...I...!!!"


Once again, black mist rose from the magical boar's body, drawn into the sphere of magical power in my palm.


"I will protect! I vow not to attack adventurers like you in the future! I swear!"


"All right, the deal is sealed. Then, as promised, I'll give you this magical power." 


My condensed magical power, stacked layer upon layer, roared, causing the surrounding trees to sway dramatically.


The black mist emerged from the magical boar and swallowed the sphere of magical power.


As the concentration of mist increased, the formerly intangible ex-magical boar gradually underwent a significant transformation.


Previous Chapter    ToC    Next Chapter

No comments:

Post a Comment

Listen to My Lady’s Story Chapter 93

 The ex-butler is being desperately relied on "Now, let's see how much Crow knows about the history of this country." The cast...