Monday, November 6, 2023

Reincarnated Elf Chapter 25

 Reincarnated elf (105), discover the 'Hero' factor.


"Tonight's dinner is Minori Special No. 34, a delicious dish of Rock-Eating Fish steamed in white wine. We caught them in the Folt River, and it's more budget-friendly than buying from the fishermen at Kukule Fortress."


Rock-Eating Fish return from the sea to spawn in the river during this season, benefiting from the cooler weather.


These magical monsters are known for consuming rocks to grow. The ones that feast on rocks rich in magical essence from the river are the most prized, resulting in their delightful fat content.


While they bear some resemblance to salmon from a previous life, these fish are unique magical creatures that have their own flavors to offer.


The ones with the most fat can sometimes be traded on the Imperial Kingdom's internal market for enough to sustain you for a week.


Despite that, Minori takes care of everything herself, from sourcing the ingredients to preparing the meal, and her hard work truly deserves recognition.


The steaming process leaves the white meat tender, with a delightful, slightly wobbly texture. The soup, infused with the fish's flavor, provides a mixture of sweetness and a subtle touch of saltiness that lingers in your mouth.


As always, Minori's culinary skills shine at the dining table, and the meal is as delicious as ever.


"It seems that recently, the dishes have become even more delicious."


"Hehe, lately, I've been adding hints of the fruit flavors you like, Sir Reese. The ingredients turn out tender and just right, I thought."


Over the past few years, she has come to completely understand his preferences.


Now, he can't imagine having a meal without Minori's special touch.


While her mature, composed aura remains, her delight shines through as she happily moves her red hair, creating a constant and endearing sight.


During training or when facing the magical beasts swarming Kukule Fortress, she is always ready to wield a sword enveloped in high-level magic, showing no concern for the blood splatter.


However, when she returns home and ties her hair from behind, she undergoes a transformation into a poised beauty. Over the years, Minori has gained even more allure, embracing the essence of an adult's charm.


Her flawless, fair skin, her increasingly refined features, and her slim, well-toned body, free from any excess, make her the epitome of beauty, often turning heads as they stroll through Kukule Fortress together.


"Minori will turn 22 by the end of this year, right?"


In response to my question, Minori nodded with a small smile.


"I first met Sir Reese when I was 10, and we reunited when I was 17, so it's been 5 years."


"I see, it's already been 5 years. Your cooking keeps improving, Minori. I wonder if you really want to inherit Silfa's Diner."


"Madam Silfa also told me, 'Support the people you want to support.'"


I glanced at the well-worn kitchen utensils in the kitchen. They belonged to "Silfa Diner," which used to be located at the edge of Kukule Fortress. A year after Grielette passed away, Silfa-san also left this world. It was as if she had foreseen her time and had neatly arranged everything. The set of cooking utensils she passed on to Minori was one of them.


"I decided that when I meet Madam Silfa again on the other side someday, I'll show her the recipes I've come up with. I'll keep creating Minori Specials in the future, so please look forward to it."


Minori displayed determination, flexing her arm. Minori, who had shed tears at Silfa's funeral, now wore a smile, as if she had moved on from her grief.


●●●


As the night grew darker, a quiet world enveloped us.


After enjoying Minori's homemade dinner, we would conclude our nightly training and drift off to sleep.


It's been three years since we established this routine, and it feels as if time has paused just for us.


—Until you enjoy a long and prosperous life, I'll find some good spirits on the other side and wait for you. Please take your time.


—One day, I made a promise that when I meet Madam Silfa again on the other side, I'll share the recipes I've created.


I recall how Silfa-san's vitality waned after Grielette-san's passing. Even though she wore a brave face in front of everyone, losing her longtime companion, Grielette-san, deeply affected her. Her life's flame dwindled rapidly and eventually faded.


"Death, huh?"


Since my reincarnation as an elf, I hadn't pondered the concept of 'death' much.


"Zzz... zzz..."


Right beside me, Minori slept, her gentle snores filling the air. I brushed away the red hair that fell on her cheek, and her long eyelashes flickered ever so slightly.


It's the same sleeping arrangement we've had for the past five years. When we first met, she still had the appearance of a young girl, but five years have turned her into a captivating beauty. Perhaps, in a few decades, Minori will also... 


"...Sir Reese..."


Minori snuggled closer, seeking comfort, just as I was about to embrace her.


"...A battle?"


I sensed magical disruptions in the forest, where multiple magical forces clashed. This was unusual for the Vastela Forest, usually reserved for standard guild missions. Over the past five years, more powerful magical beings had started to roam the area.


In the forest, five magical energies clashed with two massive ones, engaged in a fierce battle.


"――――I've found it."


"...What's happening, Sir Reese?"


I jumped to my feet, and Minori, still half-asleep, rubbed her eyes and pulled at my sleeve.


Using broad appraisal magic, I had identified an individual with the "Hero" factor among the five magical signatures.


"I've found someone with the 'Hero' factor." 


After five years of searching, they've finally shown up."



Previous Chapter    ToC    Next Chapter

No comments:

Post a Comment

Listen to My Lady’s Story Chapter 93

 The ex-butler is being desperately relied on "Now, let's see how much Crow knows about the history of this country." The cast...