Wednesday, December 20, 2023

Akuyaku no Oujo ni Tensei Shitakedo Volume 2 Chapter 1

 The events so far



It's been a few days since Lulu took me out of the palace.


I'm still struggling to grasp the reality of it all.


I'm Lucienne La Vérie, the result of a king's involvement with a maid, supposedly the third princess. Yet, my life has been marred by constant mistreatment.


One day, the memories of my past life hit me like a truck.


I realized that I was the villainous princess from an otome game I loved in my previous life.


Then came Lulu.


She's a hidden character from the game's fan disc, an assassin.


I don't know much else about her, but she was the one who extended a helping hand.


She provided me with food, took care of me, and remained by my side when I had no one else.


Later on, the coup led by Marquis Fayette succeeded, and I was rescued from the palace. I became an adopted member of the new royal family—the Fayette family.


It's there that I encountered a boy who would become my brother, just like in the game's original story.


Aristide Loire Fayette.


He's the main hero of the otome game "In a World Illuminated by Light with You." In the route where the heroine ends up with him or the one with the other love interest, he becomes the antagonist, stepbrother to the villainous princess Lucienne.


So, I had planned to keep my distance.


However, the boy who would become my brother approached me.


"If you don't want to, I'll avoid getting involved. But if you're okay with it, I'd like us to gradually become siblings."


To diverge from the original storyline, I decided to build a close relationship with my older brother.


Lulu, who became my attendant in every way, fulfilling my wish to be together all the time, remarked, "By the way, Lucie, how did you manage to survive in such a state?"


While fixing my hair, he added, "Maybe Lucy has some special skills?"


...Skills?


"What are skills?"


"It's like using magic without relying on magical power. Everyone has at least one skill, though the types may vary. Even if Lucy doesn't have magical power, she might have some skills she can use without it."


Apparently, when you turn five, everyone goes to the church at least once to investigate skills.


...Do I have to go too?


Maybe I can find out something during the baptism.


But for now, there are more important things to think about.


How can I prevent things from following the original storyline?


I need to build a good relationship with my older brother, be cautious not to turn into a spoiled princess, and also keep an eye on the other potential love interests in the otome game.


...Especially, my brother's best friend is risky.


To avoid following the path of the original Lucienne, I must be careful about how I interact with him.


In the game, Lucienne was engaged to a character, and if the heroine chose him or my brother, a tragic fate awaited Lucienne. It's a crucial point for me.


...I have to find a way to avoid it.


For now, Lulu is by my side.


To ensure that Lulu, who became my attendant to stay with me, isn't drawn into the tragic fate of Lucienne, and for my own future, I need to steer the story differently from the original.


"All done!"


I snap back to reality at Lulu's voice.


"Yeah, you're adorable today too."


I laugh as Lulu strokes my head.


"Thank you, Lulu."


I won't let things end in ruin like the original story, no matter what.


ToC    Next Chapter

No comments:

Post a Comment

Listen to My Lady’s Story Chapter 93

 The ex-butler is being desperately relied on "Now, let's see how much Crow knows about the history of this country." The cast...